- Individual Therapy: $100
- Couples or Families: $110
We are not in-network with any insurance companies. There are several reasons why we have chosen not to be in-network:
- When you are an in-network provider with insurance companies, it’s like bringing the insurance company into the counseling room. They get to question the diagnosis and treatment plan that we decide on. They might only reimburse for a certain number of sessions, and that number might be less than what would be most effective. Your insurance company can also have access to notes from your sessions, which can feel like an invasion of your privacy.
- Using insurance to cover your counseling requires a diagnosis for the insurance company, which can have a lasting impact on your life or your child’s life. For example; having a mental health diagnosis can increase life insurance rates.
- Insurance companies typically don’t reimburse the provider at the full session amount they would normally charge. This can make it hard for the provider to stay in business.
Many times, we can provide you with a receipt of services (Superbill) with all of the necessary information for reimbursement.
You would pay New Hope Counseling directly for your counseling services following your appointment, and then wait for reimbursement from your insurance provider. This can save you time dealing with the insurance provider and allow you to focus on what you’re working on in counseling.
For information about reimbursement rates, contact your insurance provider about your specific out-of-network benefits. Here are some helpful questions to ask your health insurance representative to clarify your out-of-network benefits:
- Does my coverage include mental health services?
- Does my coverage include seeing an out-of-network provider?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care physician to access my out-of-network benefits?
- Is a specific diagnosis required for me to be reimbursed?
- What is my deductible and must it be met before mental health services are covered?
- How many sessions per year are covered by my health insurance plan?
- What is the amount of coverage per counseling session if I submit a Superbill? Is there anything else I will need to submit with the Superbill?
- What credentials does a provider need to have in order for me to be reimbursed?
Depending on your current health insurance provider or employee benefit plan, it is possible for services to be covered in full or in part. Please contact your provider to verify how your plan compensates you for therapy services.
Payment is due at the end of each session. We accept all major credit cards, checks and cash, as well as HSA cards.
Electronic payments will be processed through Stripe. Your transaction is encrypted and secured.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you will be charged for the full rate of the session.
No Call-No Shows will be charged the full session fee.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have. I look forward to hearing from you!